The Department of Urban and Regional Planning is involved in many international programs for its students and faculty to engage in. Here are a few of our most notable examples.
Courses offered through the university's Study Abroad office, led by DURP faculty, include:
- UP494-RO: Cities of Japan
- UP594CW: Technology and the Megacity Studio and the Mumbai Modeling Project
- GLBL298: Globalization and Urban Inequalities, Cape Town, South Africa
- Illinois Center for Global Learning and Engagement in Taipei, Taiwan
Other programs available for DURP students:
- NEURUS: Network for European-United States Regional & Urban Studies is an international consortium of thirteen universities dedicated to the collaborative study of urban and regional development issues around the globe.
- Transnational Planning Stream is a set of courses and learning opportunities supplementing the Department's other concentrations.