The Department of Urban and Regional Planning at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign invites you to join us for two upcoming virtual information sessions about our graduate programs.
Wednesday October 28th, 2020 at 8:00 pm Central Time
Wednesday December 2nd, 2020 at 8:00 pm Central Time
To attend one of these sessions, please register at https://go.illinois.edu/durp-open-house
In addition to an accredited undergraduate Bachelor’s of Urban Studies and Planning (BAUSP) degree, our department offers three graduate degrees:
- Master of Urban Planning (MUP) – a 2-year accredited professional degree
- Master of Sustainable Urban Management (MSSUM) – a 1-year degree in urban policy and management
- Doctor of Philosophy in Regional Planning (Ph.D.) – an advanced social science degree focused on theory, policy, and research
Our graduate programs attract students from throughout the U.S. and world for interdisciplinary training leading towards expertise and specializations that places them in top professional positions with their master’s degree or in leading universities and policy analysis institutions with their doctoral degree.
Our Master’s programs offer:
- Flexible graduate curricula built around student learning goals and professional interests and based upon individualized advising with full-time faculty members.
- Interdisciplinary training leading towards expertise and specializations in Land Use and Environmental Planning, Transportation Planning, Community Development for Social Justice, Local and Regional Economic Development, and Transnational Planning.
- Opportunities for professional development for Master’s students via internships, workshop classes, and capstone projects.
Our PhD program offers
- Flexible, rigorous training in theory and methods, extensive research opportunities, and professional skill building.
- A supportive environment for intellectual and personal growth, where faculty and PhD students work closely together.
- Graduates that are highly sought after in the job market. Some obtain faculty positions at universities in the U.S. or internationally, others obtain advanced policy research positions.
- In the last two years our PhD students won the ACSP Gill-Chin Lim Award for Best Dissertation in International Planning Dissertation, and the ACSP Barclay Gibbs Jones Award for Best Dissertation in Planning.