What kind of job can I get in planning?
The first event of the annual “Get A Job” professional development series on Wednesday, October 19th, will be a panel discussion with several Planning at Illinois alumni working as practitioners in a variety of planning jobs that include local government, non-profits, consultants, and more. The session, presented through Zoom, will start with panelists describing the kind of planning work they do in their job, from the big picture to a typical day, and what they did as students to prepare. After that the audience will have a chance to ask questions.
Featured planners include:
- Carol Brobeck (MUP 2018), Senior Planner at Teska Associates
- Flora León (BAUP 2013), Senior Planner at Village of Downers Grove
- Munira Mithaiwala (BAUP 2018 & MUP 2020), Program Manager for the Chicago Recover Plan at City of Chicago
- Heidy Persaud (MUP 2012), Director of Transportation Equity at Center for Neighborhood Technology (CNT)
- Sushma Pramod (MUP 2019), Senior Borough Planner at NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development
You must register in advance to attend this event at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Session 2: How do I find an internship? (November 3rd at 5pm in-person)
Session 3: Applying for and Accepting the Job (February 2023)
Session 4: Starting the New Job (March 2023)