Get A Job Series-2023
The first event of the annual “Get A Job” professional development series on Thursday, October 19th, will be a panel discussion with several Planning at Illinois alumni working as practitioners in a variety of planning jobs that include local government, non-profits, consultants, and more. The session, presented through Zoom, will start with panelists describing the kind of planning work they do in their job, from the big picture to a typical day, and what they did as students to prepare. After that the audience will have a chance to ask questions.
Featured planners include:
- Gabrielle Mattingly (BAUP 2016), Project Manager at the City of Naperville
- J.D. McClanahan (MUP 2021), Planner II at the Champaign County Regional Planning Commission (CCRPC)
- Francesca Sallinger Lawrence (BAUP 2016 & MUP 2017), Senior Associate Planner at Teska Associates
- Leo Torres (MUP 2022), Analyst at Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning
You must register in advance to attend this event at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- Session 2: How do I find an internship? (Thursday, November 2rd at 5pm in-person, TBH room 225)
- Session 3: Applying for and Accepting the Job (February 2024)
- Session 4: Starting the New Job (March 2024)