What kind of job can I get in planning?
The department is launching a year-long series entitled “Get A Job” to provide a variety of professional development activities for students. The first event on Thursday, October 21st will be a panel discussion with several Planning at Illinois alumni working as practitioners in a variety of planning jobs that include local government, non-profits, consultants, and more. The session, presented through Zoom, will start with panelists describing the kind of planning work they do in their job, from the big picture to a typical day, and what they did as students to prepare. After that the audience will have a chance to ask questions.
Featured planners include:
- Erin Cigliano (BAUP 2006), Principal at Teska Associates
- Wendell Joseph (MUP 2015), Associate Planner at Sasaki
- Gabe Lewis (BAUP 2006), Transportation Planner at Champaign County Regional Planning Commission
- Lindsey Miller (BAUSP 2018 & MUP 2019), Transportation Planner at Alliance Transportation Group, Inc.
- Heidy Persaud (MUP 2012), Director of Transportation Equity at Center for Neighborhood Technology (CNT)
- Rachael Wilson (MUP 2017), Policy Analyst at Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation
You must register in advance to attend this event at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Session 2: How do I find an internship? (November 4th at 5pm on Zoom)
Session 3: Applying for and Accepting the Job (February 2022)
Session 4: Starting the New Job (March 2022)