Get A Job Series-2023
Join us for the second event in the “Get A Job” series on Thursday, November 2nd This event will be a panel discussion with several current Planning at Illinois students who recently completed, or are still doing, internships. The session will be run like an interview, with participants responding to questions about how they found an internship and what they did, with time for Q&A from the audience.
Here’s who will be there to share internship insights:
- Dennis Barber (BAUSP ’24) served as the Planning Intern for the Illinois Tollway.
- Ankith Desai (BAUSP ’24) worked in the Biden Administration as a White House Intern.
- Camila Madriaga Pothoff (MUP ’24) interned with the Central Illinois Land Bank Authority (CILBA).
- Annika Mandrekar (BAUSP ’24) was an economic development and eTOD intern at North River Commission in Albany Park, Chicago.
- Tillie Pines (BAUSP ’24 and MUP ’25) interned for the Community Development Department at the City of Aspen, Colorado.
- Josh Riebe (MUP ’24) interned with Nelson\Nygaard, a private transportation and mobility consulting firm, in their Washington, DC office.
- Luke Talavera (MUP ’24) interned with the McLean County Regional Planning Commission (MCRPC) in Bloomington, IL.
- Adam Walsh (BAUSP ’24) was the Planning Intern with the City of Naperville.
- Get A Job Series Session 3: Applying for an Accepting the Job (February 2024)
- Get A Job Series Session 4: Starting the New Job (March 2024)